Voice Somalia AN SOMALI AMERICAN GAZETTE OF THE. GREATER WASHINGTON D.C. AREA
Moment Research & Consultancy LLC
- Clashes kill six Ukraine soldiers in spike of violence July 20, 2017The latest surge in fighting with Russian-backed rebels along the volatile frontline is the bloodiest in recent months.
- Hamas warns Israel of al-Aqsa 'red lines' amid protests July 20, 2017Almost one week after attack that set off tensions, Israeli officials deciding whether to keep new security measures.
- Qatar's Emir orders changes to law combating terrorism July 20, 2017Decree defining terms such as 'terrorist acts' follows a deal between Qatar and US to fight 'terrorism financing'.
- Police use tear gas to halt Morocco 'million-man march' July 20, 2017Riot police in Al-Hoceima fire tear gas to scatter hundreds of protesters who defied a ban to march against 'injustice'.
- Millions heed anti-Maduro strike in Venezuela July 20, 2017The 24-hour strike was meant as an expression of national disapproval of Maduro's plan to reshape the political system.
- India picks BJP-backed politician as new president July 20, 2017Ram Nath Kovind's election makes him nation's first president aligned to ruling party-allied Hindu revivalist group RSS.
- Kuwait closes Iran cultural mission, expels diplomats July 20, 2017State news says move relates to the 2015 case of a broken up 'terror' cell that authorities said had contacts with Iran.
- Deadly ambush near Damascus hits pro-Assad forces July 20, 2017Firefight in village east of Damascus comes as clashes between two anti-government factions continue in Idlib province.
- OJ Simpson granted parole after nearly 9 years in jail July 20, 2017In prison for Las Vegas hotel heist, OJ Simpson successfully made his parole case in a nationally televised hearing.
- Turkey accuses Germany of harbouring 'terrorists' July 20, 2017Reaction follows German threat to slap sanctions and decision to issue travel advisory amid row over activists' arrest.
- What do Trump and Putin want from each other? July 20, 2017Controversy continues to swirl around the US President, his aides, and the administration's relationship with Russia.
- Malaysia's Migrant Money Trail July 20, 2017A look into the forces that profit from recruiting migrant labourers, many of whom work illegally and are underpaid.
- Execution site discovered near Mosul's Old City July 20, 2017Human Rights Watch says observers discovered the corpses of 17 men, allegedly executed by Iraqi forces, in west Mosul.
- BeIN signs new contract to broadcast UEFA matches July 20, 2017Contract means the UEFA matches will be available exclusively on beIN SPORTS for the next four years.
- China punishes 210,000 officials for corruption July 20, 2017Communist Party's anti-corruption watchdog says it has punished 210,000 officials for corruption in first half of 2017.
- Qatar says cyberattack 'originated from the UAE' July 20, 2017Planning and hacking of official media started as early as April, with IP address linked to the attack traced to UAE.
- Qatar-Gulf crisis: All the latest updates July 20, 2017The latest news after some of the Gulf states and Egypt cut ties with Qatar and imposed a land, sea and air blockade.
- NewsGrid - Al Jazeera's interactive news hour July 20, 2017Live every day at 15:00 GMT, our interactive news bulletin gives you the opportunity to engage with our team directly.
- Al-Hoceima: Riot police fill city ahead of banned rally July 20, 2017Organisers hope for huge turnout, but police take position in coastal city ahead of march against government neglect.
- Al-Aqsa and the Old City of Jerusalem July 20, 2017Rising tensions in East Jerusalem have led to increased security measures at some of the holiest sites in the world.
- Clashes kill six Ukraine soldiers in spike of violence
- Hamas warns Israel of al-Aqsa 'red lines' amid protests
- Qatar's Emir orders changes to law combating terrorism
- Police use tear gas to halt Morocco 'million-man march'
- Millions heed anti-Maduro strike in Venezuela
- India picks BJP-backed politician as new president
- Kuwait closes Iran cultural mission, expels diplomats
- Deadly ambush near Damascus hits pro-Assad forces
- OJ Simpson granted parole after nearly 9 years in jail
- Turkey accuses Germany of harbouring 'terrorists'
Moment RESEARCH Consultancy
- Amnesty International Accuses Cameroon of Torturing Suspects July 20, 2017More than 100 people have been tortured by Cameroon’s security forces after being accused of having links to the extremist group Boko Haram, the human rights group reported.THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
- Cecil the Lion’s Son Xanda Killed by a Trophy Hunter July 20, 2017The lion was shot in Zimbabwe during what a researcher said was a legal hunt, two years after Cecil was killed by an American dentist.DANIEL VICTOR
- A Cheap Fix for Climate Change? Pay People Not to Chop Down Trees July 20, 2017A new experiment showed a simple way to save endangered chimpanzees in Uganda and slow the rate of global warming and carbon dioxide emissions.BRAD PLUMER
- After a Harrowing Flight From U.S., Refugees Find Asylum in Canada July 16, 2017Two Ghanaian refugees suffered extreme frostbite — losing nearly all of their fingers — while fleeing the United States. Six months later, they are rebuilding their lives in Canada.CATHERINE PORTER
- Do Spy Agencies Hold Answer to Dag Hammarskjold’s Death? U.N. Wants to Know. July 15, 2017Fifty-six years after the U.N. secretary general’s plane crashed, there is new hope that secrets lurking in Western intelligence archives may reveal what happened.ALAN COWELL and RICK GLADSTONE
- American Journalist and 3 Guards Missing in Congo July 15, 2017The disappearances were reported after militia fighters attacked a security post in a wildlife reserve in an eastern region of the Democratic Republic of Congo.KIMIKO de FREYTAS-TAMURA and STEVE WEMBI
- Jean-Jacques Susini, Right-Wing Extremist in Algeria, Dies at 83 July 14, 2017He opposed Algerian independence from France, plotted to assassinate President Charles de Gaulle, and belonged to a group that used terrorism tactics.RICHARD SANDOMIR
- Don’t shelve ideas for another day, Jack Ma saysChinese entrepreneur urges young people to take advantage of technology and data.
- Court of Appeal ruling clears the way for August electionNasa says it respects court's decision to allow printing of presidential ballots to proceed.
- IEBC still has cases to deal withCourt of Appeal ruled in its favour on the awarding of the printing of presidential ballots to the Dubai-based Al Ghurair Printing and Publishing company.
- Tourist firm Crayfish sues Twiga Roses over unpaid debtTwiga Roses, formerly Karuturi Limited, was put under receivership on February 10, 2014.
- Amid turning tide, AIDS claimed 1 million lives in 2016: UNAs yet, there is no HIV vaccine or cure.
- Nasa accuses Jubilee Party of trying to split oppositionOdinga and Musyoka say Kenyatta and Ruto's calls for Mr Musyoka to join Jubilee Party are an insult.